Erosion Control Through Protected Wildlife Area
Location: Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Project Site: Canmore/Banff Corridor, Alberta, Canada
EB Models Used: EB-60
Project Scope/Challenges: Erosion control on drainage ditch slope through a protected wildlife area with limited vehicle access.
- Installation of EcoBlanket® on sloped areas and drainage ditch for Slope Stabilization
- Installation of FilterSoxx® on Extreme Slope
- 120,000sq.ft of EcoBlanket®
- 2,300ft of Filtersoxxä
- 2,000lbs of Microblend®
- 120 Pine Seedlings (grown for specific elevation and area)
- Approx 1200cu.yds of Compost
- 400lbs of Seed
Company Profile: Family owned and operated since 1943, and one of the largest independently owned sawmills in Alberta (115million board ft/yr). They bought their first Express Blower in 1996 and now own four units.